Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trying my best..


Photo Credit: thepioneerwoman.com

So I love the Pioneer Woman...if you have yet to read her blog it is an absolute must in my book, she's witty, down to earth, open, honest an amazing photographer, cook, mother , wife... the list goes on, but I just absolutely love her writing.

Obviously I do not know her in real life, but her blog always feels so personal and real... something that I think is tricky to do when blogging. I know that I want to "look" my best, I don't like to talk too much about the things that are weighing me down, because no one wants to hear a whiner, and I definitely do not talk badly about people on the blog, because it's (a) just not very nice, and (b) the ill feelings you might have towards someone one day could easily blow over the next, and this blog should not be something I look back on in 5, 10, 15 years to see ALL of my bad moods, or negative Nancy moments ;)

I started blogging for lots of reasons, but one that is most important to me is that I DO have a tendency to get down on things, school, the prospect of job hunting, family, friends, even Mr. Jones at times... finances the list goes on haha...I thought it's so easy to get caught up in all of that "stuff" that blogging without having to think about those things will make me talk about all of the positives that are going on in my life right now... and there are plenty of them..sometimes we just have to give ourselves a break...take a minute and write down all that we are thankful for and all that is positive and amazing in our lives...

So now I've completely gone off topic about Pioneer Woman, but anyways, her blog is a great example of how you can be "real" in the blogosphere without trash talking and venting or writing to make your life sound cookie cutter perfect...she has a great post today on her Top Ten Tips for bloggers and I found it very helpful, if you already blog or are thinking of starting I would definitely check it out..

http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2010/09/ten-important-things-ive-learned-about-blogging/

Also... if you have a few spare moments check out her real life love story, "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" you might realize that your "few spare moments" have turned into an all night read-a-thon...it sucks you in!

Ok blog readers that is all for now! Hope everyone is having a great short work week it's almost over!!

XOXO- Miss. V

1 comment:

  1. She really is a positive great lady, I love her blog. Although no clue how she lives on a farm, I don't think I could do that, it's too far from the mall. Ha!

    ReplyDelete