Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday...The Good Life.

I am a majorly sentimental person. And if you know me in real life or if you've followed my blog for some time you're probably used to my overly sappy, and very heartfelt, sentimental ways. So this post will come as no surprise. Day to day life takes all kinds of paths, ups and downs, highs and lows. So, part of being overly sentimental is hanging on and savoring the moments that fill your heart with love, joy, and accomplishment because sometimes, real life isn't always these things but most of the time it is. It's just that you just have to be conscious enough to recognize it, appreciate it and reflect on it.

When I think about what I'm loving this week I keep hearing the "Good Life" song playing over and over in my head.... you know the one.. (one republic)... So this week, what I'm loving is simply that. The Good Life...

I'm loving...

Being in the kitchen...coming up with new recipes, and admiring my work ;)


Perfect fresh summer dinner! Greek Open Face Chicken Gyros.


Walking downtown to take care of a few things for upcoming weddings that we will be in and thinking about how lucky we are to have friends that ask us to stand by their side on their most important days.




Meeting for french coffees in one of my favorite San Francisco spots.



Emporio Rulli one of my favorite people watching perches in Union Square.


Taking in the scenery from our windows...

Giants stadium and sailboats on the bay...



Sunsets and fog...

And for a change of pace staying the night at The Joneses and waking up to these beautiful backdrops...


perfectly serene.

Spending time with my friend family, and watching their babes grow...


This gorgeous mama... joined Missy and I for lunch and shared her beautiful boy with us...


My heart just gets bigger and bigger with love for my expanding friend family...



And while Mr. Jones was being happily surprised with a visit from this proud daddy and his family today on their way to the Giants game....





Little Makena in her Orange & Black!!!

I was spending another afternoon with this handsome guy...


Life is good. I've spent the last few days surrounded by those that I love, enjoying home, planning upcoming events (roomies bachelorette!!!), going to my first round of New Teacher Orientation and being surprised to share the room with two fellow student teachers/subs, and really enjoying the everyday things that make this... the good life.



xoxo- miss v.











3 comments:

  1. Sounds like things really are just good right now!! So many things to be happy and grateful for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. life is good! and loved your greensboro/charleston pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a GREAT life :) Hope you've had a great day!

    ReplyDelete