Friday, August 12, 2011

Catching up with Carolina!

This will be the last re-cap of our Carolina trip! We broke the trip up into four parts. 1st two days were at my moms parents house (granny & paw paw), the next 2 days at my dads parents (grandma & grandpa) then we were off to Wilmington to visit my uncle & cousins, and then on to our own vacation in Charleston! Phew.. whirlwind.

Hope you enjoy looking at our photos!! Off to see The Help this afternoon with my darling friend Dana and obviously thoroughly enjoying the remaining weeks of summer vacation!




Family BBQ's...



Morning walk by the lake...

AM Yoga poolside with grandma...love.

Acting like a kid again in grandma's yard...

Spending time with those that we love...

Drawing fishy's with cute cousins...

And relaxing by sunset in the evenings, counting all of life's blessings.

Heading to Charleston and spending every afternoon just like this...

Being surprised by Mr. Jones and staying at my dream hotel...

Charleston Place...the definition of Southern Style & Grace.




Morning workouts by the pool...

And a glass of wine on the terrace to start the evening right...

Evening dates... enjoying Charlestons amazing restaurants...

This trip we ate at Hominy Grill, Virginia's on King, Poogans Porch, Slightly North of Broad, and Reds at Bohicket Marina

The only repeat restaurant we went to on this trip was Virginia's because we loved their breakfast so much and had been talking about it since last summer. We also ate there twice on this trip once for brunch and once for lunch! I would highly recommend all of the restaurants we went to except I was not at all impressed with Reds! And we went because I feel like I read about Charleston bloggers eating there all the time!! Maybe it was just an off day? Anyhow this city is known for their amazing restaurants and we already have a list of places for next summer!! (Hence our morning workouts everyday on vacation...can we say biscuits and grits with every meal! yum)

The "cooler" ha... evenings were spent touring the antebellum homes, The College of Charleston, The Battery and harbor.




I know I am biased because my family is from the South, but truly it is such a beautiful place filled with so much American history. Places like Charleston with it's winding streets and cobblestones, and historic homes beautifully preserves the past while also being a center for art, food and music. Dreamy is all I can say.

Hope you all have wonderful weekends!!! And you've enjoyed re-visiting our trip as much as I have!

XOXO- Miss V


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip! I am lucky to live in Charleston! You guys hit a lot of highlights! Very impressed with all that you fit in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, girl! Glad y'all had such a great time! I love Charleston :)

    ReplyDelete