My dear childhood friend Zoe tragically passed away just after Christmas. It has been difficult to understand, at times I have been confused and angry and other times I take comfort in the joy that I was lucky enough to know her that her time here on earth was meant to touch my life among thousands of others and that her spirit still surrounds all who knew her. Today is/ would have been her 25th birthday. I would like to think that, that Heavenly Choir is singing the most beautiful version of Happy Birthday to her today. I came across this poem and wanted to share it on her birthday because it's still difficult to talk about and sometimes in times when there are no words others words seem to fit better.
- Do not stand at my grave and weep,
- I am not there, I do not sleep.
- I am in a thousand winds that blow,
- I am the softly falling snow.
- I am the gentle showers of rain,
- I am the fields of ripening grain.
- I am in the morning hush,
- I am in the graceful rush
- Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
- I am the starshine of the night.
- I am in the flowers that bloom,
- I am in a quiet room.
- I am in the birds that sing,
- I am in each lovely thing.
- Do not stand at my grave bereft
- I am not there. I have not left.
Tonight all the way in England where Zoe was from and lived her family and friends are throwing her a HUGE party where they will be raising funds for the Memorial Fund they have started in her name, to save a Coral Reef, as she was an avid snorkeler/scuba diver.
Feel free to check it out if you feel compelled.
Please tell your family and friends that you love them every chance you get every day, never take for granted the gift of life.
XOXO- Miss V