Friday, March 9, 2012

Nobody likes a Show Off...

I'm aware that it's 10pm on a Friday night and the most thrilling thing I have to do is sit down and blog but...A) I'm doing some major procrastinating about taking care of a few things before our celebratory weekend begins with our friends the future Ducey's and B) It's just not in my nature to let things "sit" for too long without moving on, and my last blog post was a bit "intense" compared to my usual more "chipper" self so I thought I would lighten the mood before the weekend ;).

This morning I posted this lovely image on my FB wall, taken bright and early on my balcony before rushing off for the day... with the caption...

"Another beautiful day in my city by the bay. Happy Friday friends."

And yes... I was being a bit of a show off. But honestly... it's a pretty lovely view and a constant reminder of how fortunate I am to have the opportunity for now... to wake up to this every day. It's not lost on me at all.

Well... upon my return home this evening I noticed some strange white "splatter" all over the glass door. Instantly annoyed with Mr. Jones, (who by the way cannot brush his teeth without getting toothpaste everywhere...ahhhem. this drives me crazyI assumed he had meandered about to the door whilst brushing away this morning and was grossed out that there was "toothpaste" everywhere. So... I tried rubbing it off with my finger only to realize the "toothpaste" was on the outside of the door.

So, I went out on the balcony to investigate and apparently some bird had a bad case of ED (explosive diarrhea)  ALL OVER IT, splattering from the railing to my plants and the floor on to the glass door. I know... TMI with the word splatter. And I just laughed and thought... well, I guess that's what I get for being such a show off.

The really bad part is... it's not supposed to rain until late next week, and we have the Joneses and their guests from England coming over for dinner on Monday, which means someone (most likely me) will be cleaning all of this up. Oh... the joy.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the irony ;)

In other show off-ness... (not a word) I thought I would leave you with this picture of my favorite pink jeans, that I insisted Mr. Jones take in front of this blue wall, because I thought it would look cute. And ya know what it does ;) Ha!

What a show off. pshhh.

Happy weekending friends. 

xoxo- miss v.






5 comments:

  1. ha! that story is hilarious! and loooove those pink jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! That view is AMAZING & that's what you get for showing off =P I kid! I'm sorry you have to clean that "splatter".

    Those jeans are super cute!

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Brits! Sooo funny how we both speak English, yet conversing still provides some surprises. Point in general: NEVER tell a Brit that they're "full of spunk"... one of my husband's coworkers did this in a U.K. bar to a girl he was trying to pick up. Apparently, "spunk" means something very specific to them... I think the girl threw her drink in the poor guys face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. only you could look so cute in pink jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks adorable :)

    You're not a show off...don't you worry girl!!

    ReplyDelete