Monday, March 19, 2012

Movie Monday.

Hmmm. Sorry for the total lack of creativity in my title. I just can't be bothered. It is Monday after all and I've been on the go since 5:30am.

So... if you couldn't guess this post is going to be about movies. (ha) We spent a good amount of time this weekend curled up under blankets on the couch and eating our fair share of Irish treats and we definitely took advantage of having a Friday evening and Saturday with nothing planned other than hanging out together. Heavenly. As soon as the sun broke through on Sunday though we were both out the door, Mr. Jones to his soccer game and me off to a girls day out with my darling friend Dana. In between the two days I saw three fantastic movies that I wanted to recommend!

First up...


This is the inspiring and heart warming story of the puppeteer who is "Elmo". It's a wonderful story of following your dreams and doing what you are passionate about. Kevin, the puppeteer has accomplished so much in his life already and if you are at all or ever have been a fan of Sesame Street, The Muppets, Jim Henson, etc. you will love this story. I would also recommended it to teachers because it's  a great message to send to our students about how being different and loving something that may not be "popular" like making puppets, is ok, and not only is it ok but it can lead to incredible places. Highly recommend this. Please check out the link for more info.

Next up...


The Oscar winning film Hugo. I have to be honest I had been intrigued by the trailers I had seen, visually it looked stunning, and then it took home so many awards, but I honestly was clueless about what the story was about. I am so glad we watched this. It's touching and sweet. It takes place in 1930's Paris which is a beautiful backdrop for the story of the young orphan boy Hugo who is desperately trying to find his place in this world. Again following your heart, believing in miracles, and never giving up are themes throughout this film. A lovely story that's beautiful to watch. Please do yourself a favor and rent this! Here is the link to the website with a great trailer that provides a little more background.

And last but not least... on my girls day out we saw this...


A star studded cast shines in this story of friends searching for the answers in this sweet and poignant movie. I loved all of the characters, the intermingled stories and lives and a glimpse at what happens "next", after children. Parts of the story are predictable but not in the way that makes the movie feel any less touching, the somewhat predictable parts are also the parts that pull you in because you relate in one way or another. A lovely little film that I would encourage you to see whether it's right now in the theatres, or rent it for a night in with someone you love friend or partner. Here's the link to the website. And let's be honest, Ed Burns, John Hamm, Adam Scott, and Chris O' Dowd the cute love interest from Bridesmaids, it was pretty easy on the eyes too ;)

Well there it is friends... my brilliantly titled Movie Monday. ;) Feel free to start planning your weekend downtime now. Only 4 more days to go!

XOXO- Miss V.

1 comment: