Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nat & Melissa... a love story.

I'm a little late on posting this but I just had to document for myself and my friends the wonderful news of Nat and Melissa's engagement!

I cried, I laughed, I cried some more and I am just so incredibly happy not only for this beautiful couple but just so overcome with emotion for my dear friend Melissa.

Melissa was my first "college" friend. We met in the dorms, and after "ignoring" each other because of dorm hall "boy drama" hahah we decided that we actually really liked one another, ditched the boy and spent an afternoon by the pool behind Zura Hall where our future as friends was set. That was 10 years ago! We lived together all throughout college, in our first apt together, in our sorority house and at our beach house as seniors. I can say with 100% confidence that College was infinitely more fun because of my friendship with this lady!


tina, melissa and me ... bridesmaids and the bride to be!

Her fiance planned the most incredible engagement surprise! Just one of many reasons why I adore him so much. Melissa woke up early two weeks ago only to find out that her and her soon to be fiance were jetting off to Vegas for a long weekend, everything planned, her work had been contacted and he had arranged everything. The second day of their trip after brunch and a "walk down memory lane" in the Venetian her favorite hotel, he popped the question, with a surprise photographer on hand to capture the moment. The rest of the weekend was spent celebrating and contacting friends and family with the good news!


I could not save this photo as vertical to save my life... sorry .. but look how cute they are!

Nat and Melissa are an amazing couple, they are full of life and adventure... these two were made for each other. They love to travel and try new things...

Yosemite 2009... right before we hiked Half Dome!

(it should be noted that out of the three couples in this photo 2 are now engaged...ahhhemm.. Mr. Jones.. are you reading? ) ;)

The last two years as Christmas gifts they have gifted friends and family with their own cook book which includes many of their favorite recipes...



They are always the life of the party and both of them have the biggest hearts, they love to entertain and make every friend they meet feel like family.

It's incredible to have known someone as long as I've known Melissa and to watch her future unfold and to be a part of it, after all the wondering and dreaming back in college about jobs, homes, marriage, and what our future would look like it's just such a beautiful thing to see it work out so perfectly. I get choked up every time I think about it!


Congratulations Nat and Melissa, I wish you an incredible year of enjoying your engagement and a lifetime full of love, fun, and adventure. I am so blessed to have you as friends and I am so excited to see what the future has in store.

xoxo- your friend, miss v

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post...love it!! Congrats to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks An!!! I seriously couldn't ask for anything more special than this! Made my day actually week. :) can't wait to share many more memories with you and the man I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to be next!! Mr Jones, get on it!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet sweet engagement story! Looks like a lot of fun ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete