Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Day at the Fair....



Yesterday we took the kiddos to the county fair! It was a beautiful day outside perfect for strolling the fairgrounds nestled between gorgeous hills and spread along a sparkling lake. Even though our bus broke down on the way to pick us up and we were almost an hour late getting back to school no one's mood could be dampened surrounded by the bright colors, smells and sounds of the fair!
There were games galore...

Exhilarating coasters that only the bravest of little passengers would dare ride..
A Ferris Wheel... to reach the highest of heights revealing a breathtaking view of the fun below..

And most importantly... there were these smiling faces that were shining brighter than the sun that day.

I have to laugh at the last picture because trying to get a group picture with a bunch of four and five year olds all smiling and looking in the same direction at once is impossible.... but my camera died literally one second after taking this picture so it's the best I've got! It was a great day the kids were exhausted by the end of it and so was I. It was fun to go with a group of little ones..I think the last time I went was in high school when what you wore to the fair and who you saw there was more thrilling than the actual rides themselves. It's more fun for me to experience these "thrills" through kids now that I'm older and I feel pretty lucky that I got to do just that with my first class.





2 comments:

  1. I cant wait for the fair to come to my town! I love eating all that junnk food lol. Are you working for a summer camp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working through the YMCA as a "Summer School Teacher" so it's actually more like regular school except more time for art lessons and Fridays are always a field-trip... I don't have the stamina to be a summer camp counselor! Teaching on the other hand I can handle..most days haha

    ReplyDelete