Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekend Re-Cap...(Slightly Late)




I wanted to start the post with a few pictures! My wonderful bf surprised me with flowers, a card, and a FULLY stocked fridge to celebrate my first week of teaching, love the flowers and card, but groceries...! Melts my heart! Also a picture of my beautiful mom and I from the garden tour on Sat.

Where to begin? What a perfect weekend! I almost hate saying that because the bf was out of town... but..it was a very relaxing weekend full of sunshine, family and getting organized! On Friday I was supposed to meet up with some teacher friends, but since it was the end of my first week of teaching summer school I was just completely drained and still needed to work on lesson plans for the following week. I decided to stay in and spent the entire evening prepping! Which may not sound like fun but I went to bed feeling confident that I could relax on Sat & Sun which was a great feeling. Saturday I got up pretty early and my lovely mom came to visit me for the day for a girls day out! There was a great garden tour happening in my neighborhood, the weather was warm and the afternoon was spent peeking into beautiful gardens and enjoying a delicious meal at a french cafe on our main st. Sat. evening I rented Leap Year, because well that's what I do when the bf is out of town, treat myself to a good chick flick and I loooveed it! Has anyone else seen it? Sunday morning I went to church with a friend and spent the rest of the day taking care of errands, getting ready for Monday and welcoming the bf back from his trip! I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. hi!! your background is so cute and perfect in regards to teaching! im so glad you found me! i have no idea how i did anything on my blog, i totally need help too lol. anyways, glad we are now blog friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your background...it sounds like your BF is super sweet and thoughtful. Super excited to start reading your blog:) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay blog comments makes me soo happy! The background is just a super simple "pick me" style one from blogger, I would love to have someone "personally design" a blog for me... have either of you used any of those services before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you and your teaching job...that is truly exciting! Glad you had such a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Yes I got really lucky with the summer teaching job! But...I still have my final Teaching Credential semester left in the Fall and then...well who knows.. frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete