Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Family..

So..since I'm new to blogging I thought I would share a little bit about myself and my family. I had a really great and semi bittersweet conversation with my mom today on the phone about their upcoming move and I just keep going through every possible emotion, so I thought why not let it out and share at the same time. Well a little background first.. I was born in North Carolina, almost all of my family (grandparents, aunts uncles etc) all still live there..when I was eight my family moved to New Jersey for a brief but wonderful 4 years, and at the age of 12 we moved to Northern California, which is where I have been (minus my time in San Diego for College) for the last 15 or so years. To say the least I am a "California" girl...however...I still strongly feel like I have a connection to my New Jersey and North Carolina sides, especially since we go back to North Carolina every year for a summer visit. Anyhow...15 years later my Dad's job is yet again being transferred, not anything we ever imagined would happen, but with the bad economy and a great opportunity in NYC my parents decided why not! Their kids are "grown" and they have always wanted to experience city life so they decided to go for it...well so did all of my siblings..all four of them! I am the oldest of five and have always felt like a mother hen to my siblings..through the good times and bad. I guess growing up so far away from grandparents, aunts & uncles and cousins, I could not wait until my family could build that kind of family here and I could give my children the extended family that I did not have on a regular basis. I know lots of families live far from each other and really we are all "just a plane ride" away .. but I can't help but get a little sad thinking about not being around my family during the holiday season, or stopping by on the weekends...I think about when I get engaged and my mom won't be close by to go wedding shopping with me, or that my parents will never be the kind of grandparents that get the kids for the weekend and my time with them will be for long weekends and summer vacations not weekly dinners or a quick lunch. I'm excited to visit them in NYC I absolutely love that city and I think it's pretty "cool" of them too..I love Mr. Jones' family and they are really like another set of parents to me..but it's still not the same...anyhow back to my phone conversation with my mom...they are in NYC this week and they found an Apartment. it's official... I'm already planning my first trip and am very excited to see the new home...just a little sad that it won't be "our" home anymore... I'll leave you with a few shots of the fam bam.

Mom & Dad with the "baby" on HS Graduation

Brother Nick & Sister Steff

Mom & Julian

My adorable Sister Steff and her AH-mazing shoe closet!







1 comment:

  1. Found you via Black, White & Red Curlz all Over blog. I am your newest follower. You are super cute and can't wait to hear more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete