Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday...Having it All.

Another "What I'm Loving Wednesday" that covers a few things here and there that stand out to me this week. I have been thinking a lot lately about the idea of being able to "do it all" trying to balance work, a social life, time for Mr. Jones and I, time for family, time for "me" like exercise and reading, time for cooking most nights, cleaning the house, taking care of laundry etc. I struggle like most people do with how and where to give a little here and there and what to truly focus on. I have been trying to give myself 2 goals to accomplish by the end of each day, whether it be go to the gym, and do some extra classroom work, or go to the grocery store and write a blog post it varies. Along with my regular schedule for the day I have really been trying to write down my goals in a reasonable manner, and making sure to physically check them off once they are accomplished. Giving myself only 2 a day has really helped me from creating over the top lists about everything and anything and it has also helped me to take away the excess and focus on what really needs to be accomplished THAT day in order for the next one to be less overwhelming or more successful.

Now this may seem like no big deal for some of you but I am a list maker by nature and can easily overwhelm myself with what seems like a never ending list of things to do, make, buy, create, problems to solve, errands to run etc etc, there I go "listing" again... This has truly helped me to focus, organize my time, and make each day purposeful without feeling like I'm trying to take on the world, and never truly succeeding. This past week some of my goals were to spend meaningful time with friends, read a new book, and work on a classroom project. So it may only be little things, but goal by goal and day by day I'm feeling more like the girl who is living a more intentional and rewarding life by choosing to focus on those little things and at the end of the day my minor accomplishments make me feel like the girl who has it all.

I am LOVING girls night in at my place. Games, wine, and Miss America, yes please!


A few of my pinterest inspired apps and wine





Even Kates sweet pup Toby couldn't take his eyes off the Miss America pageant ha!


I am LOVING the GLAD (Guided Language Acquisition Design) trainings I have attended the last 2 days for work. Not only have I been totally inspired by these techniques and can't wait to apply them in the classroom but I have also enjoyed catching up with some of my other 1st year teacher friends from other schools and getting time to share the ups and downs of the year so far. Free therapy and such positive and amazing teachers. I'm so excited to share this career with them.




I am LOVING that I am already on book 2 of my 10 book challenge for the year! Book one was another Debbie Macomber story The Man You'll Marry. While I really enjoyed her Christmas stories for fun light reading this one was a little too predictable and it ended up being painfully boring for me towards the end. Oh well. I am really excited about book two which is a total departure from fluffy romance...

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes!

I downloaded it for free on my Kindle and have enjoyed reading one short story each night before bed. The Kindle has also been great because since the book was written in the late 1800's some of the vocabulary can be a little difficult, as in some of the items or things he talks about just don't really exist anymore. However with a click of my finger over the word the definition immediately pops up, so no getting lost by the text or having to run to wiki or the dictionary to find meanings.

And speaking of Sherlock we are loving the updated BBC America version.

via

We're pretty big BBC America fans over here.

That's all for today friends, hope your week has been filled with lots to love, big and small.

XOXO- Miss V.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. You look like you have such a full and fun life :)


    Minted Magazine


    mintedmag.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along!

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete