Friday, January 21, 2011

Gratitude...



“Gratitude should not be just a reaction to getting what you want, but an all-the-time gratitude, the kind where you notice the little things and where you constantly look for the good, even in unpleasant situations. Start bringing gratitude to your experiences, instead of waiting for a positive experience in order to feel grateful.” — Marelisa Fábrega


I am feeling all kinds of grateful today, I have really struggled with stress and feelings of being discontent over the last year, of course always highs and lows just like anyone else, mostly job/career/school related, of course other things always sneak in there too. This idea though of being grateful for even the times in my life where I am facing struggles or feelings of discontent is something that I am really working on, reflecting about, praying over.

I love love love just want to put it in my pocket and look at it all day long adore this quote, specifically this line, "Start bringing gratitude to your experiences, instead of waiting for a positive experience in order to feel grateful."

Now I'm not trying to get all Oprah on you here, but, I have really found that it is so important to not just be thankful and grateful for the blessings in this life or when things are going "my way" but to bring gratitude to all of my experiences difficult/easy, good/bad, sad or happy when I really stop wallowing and force myself to say "I am thankful for..." and not the obvious good stuff but the bad stuff I just feel so much more at peace with that discontent.

So today I am thankful for so many good things, spending time with friends tonight, this beautiful weather, Mr. Jones my family etc.

But today I am also thankful that I am in a place of unknowing and uncertainty when it comes to finances and my job. I am thankful that I am here, because it is showing me that I can be strong, that I am determined and that I will push forward for what I want. I am thankful that I have to go through these times in order to reflect and be thankful for what the future holds, to truly appreciate success I must, go through this now.

Thanks for letting me rant, now for my last bit of thanksgiving... T.G.I.F ;) Happy Friday everyone!

XOXO- Miss V

2 comments:

  1. You're so right girl! I have been in your shoes with the whole job situation :( I just know that something will come your way!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the right attitude!! Things can get frustrating, but you'll make it through!!

    ReplyDelete