Thursday, December 23, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

This will most likely be my last post until after Christmas so I wanted to first wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a HUGE thank you to all of my readers, friends, family and other blogging followers for all of the love and support this year and for actually reading this little blog of mine! I have loved every second of blogging and am hopefully going to compile my posts from 2010 into a book so that I have a bound hard copy for my bookshelf for years to come.

I also wanted to share a few photos from my 28th birthday...I felt kind of weird about "showing off" my gifts but then again I am soo thankful to my family and Mr. Jones for making me feel special and I really am IN LOVE with everything I received...so without further ado... here are a few of my favorite things ;)


Beautiful Birthday Bouquet

My parents sent me the most gorgeous flower arrangement. I am in love with them and they make the view from my kitchen sink even better than it already was!

I really wanted to start collecting ornaments this year and I think the Christopher Radko ornaments are beautiful. I had hinted to my mom about one as a birthday present while we were in NYC and well Bonnie is a "go big or go home" type of a lady, so of course she outdid herself and sent me three!



My 2010 Santa! Look at that twinkle in his eye ;)

I really only asked for a dated one, I thought it would be nice to start a collection of one nice dated ornament for each year, but Bonnie picked out two other cuties for me to hang from my tree and I love them!

A Cable Car for my lovely city by the bay!

And of course a Big Apple for their new city!


I love that my birthday is so close to Christmas and one of my favorite ways to celebrate is to see the decorations downtown and enjoy all of the holiday festivities! Ever since my family moved to CA about 16 years ago I have always headed downtown for window shopping and to enjoy the holiday sights!


In front of the 80 ft LIVE tree in Macy's Union Square!

This amazing tree is a towering 80ft tall and comes from Mt. Shasta CA!

I may be a bit biased but I think that this tree is prettier than the one in Rockefeller! It towers over our very own tiny ice rink and is surrounded by decorated and lit up Palm Trees!


The incredible view of Macy's across the street.

We headed inside to check out the "North Pole" on the 7th floor. I really wanted to get a picture with Santa, Mr. Jones however was less than thrilled with this idea when we saw the line full of little ones running all over the place and he reminded me that I was turning 28 not 8 hahahah. Bahumbug! (Such a Scrooge)


The "North Pole" ...or Macy's way of displaying the most amazing xmas decor ever and making you feel like you cannot possibly live without any of it ...

Since Scrooge, I mean Mr. Jones, decided that waiting in line with the families and small children to take a picture with Santa would be slighly damaging to his ego... we had a little fun with a few Santa Dolls that we found...

So... Santa sat on my lap instead

Having waayyyy too much fun

After shopping and acting like total dorks inside of Macy's we headed out to birthday dinner at Hillstone! Our new Birthday tradition, we went to their sister restaurant for Mr. Jones' 30th.



And last but not least I received this lovely Stella & Dot necklace that I had been drooling over, from Mr. Jones


Perfect!

And a new Vera to add to my collection from my grandmother!!

Love these colors!!

It was a perfect birthday and I'm sad that it's over! Up next Christmas! Off to finish some last minute shopping today and to enjoy the sunshine that has been hiding from us here in CA for about a week now!

Wishing you all a Happy Christmas!

XOXO- Miss V

9 comments:

  1. OOh I love Macy's the little wreaths in the windows <3!

    Love the new Vera bag & Necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the necklace, so pretty! I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday...happy holidays to you and Mr. Jones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got lots of goodies!! Love the new bag! And the necklace!! He did good!! Have a great Christmas friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday andrea!!! such a gorgeous necklace! good job mr. jones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...I am usually not a fan of Vera but those colors and print are to die for! Happy Birthday Aun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a pretty necklace!! i love that you are on your tip toes in that pic. haha thats something id do. sounds like you had a great birthday! it cracks me up that you put santa in your lap. love it! merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE all your pictures :) So glad you had a wonderful birthday! I have a bag in that same Vera print and just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...that is one of my favorite pieces of Stella & Dot! If you ever need any other pieces, I sell it, so let me know and I would love to help! There are also matching earrings to that necklace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my birthday is around Christmas too (26th actually!). Love meeting December babies! Love that necklace too! :)

    ReplyDelete