Monday, February 27, 2012

A night with Bach.

This past Friday Mr. Jones and I had a special date night planned ( OK let's be honest... I planned this one ) with the San Francisco Chamber Orchestra. I stumbled upon this gem of an organization while perusing some of the upcoming SF Symphony shows and was thrilled to find out that all of their performances are completely FREE! ( donation based) Similar to a symphony an orchestra can be made up of brass, percussion, woodwinds and strings,  however unlike a symphony it can vary in size and instruments depending on the piece they are performing. I was very excited but I have to be honest, I was a little concerned about what Mr. Jones would think. He has been great at attending and enjoying our other symphony trips but they were always themed, Christmas, or 4th of July, or with the accompaniment of a contemporary artist like Chris Botti, so this would be his very first true classical experience. The verdict... he loved it, we both did and I will definitely attend another SF Chamber Orchestra performance in the future.

 They did an unbelievable job at performing Bach's Goldberg variations, 70 glorious minutes of uninterrupted Classical perfection. Prior to the show the conductor did a wonderful job of explaining the piece and giving us a few sneak peeks of what was in store, hearing that several parts were "show off" pieces, and one was even based off a common drinking song of the time between Bach and his buddies had everyone laughing and did exactly what the program aims to do using a "fun, friendly approach—and a full season of admission-free concerts—we really are admitting everyone! Who says classical music has to be boring, stuffy, expensive, or only for those with advanced degrees?" - SF Chamber Orchestra

Now for a few date night photos... because I have to share the other highlight of the evening .... the world debut of my pink jeans...obsessed. Pretty sure you'll be seeing about 28348238435 more photos of them over the course of Spring & Summer ;) Thank you GAP.



Standard prom pose before heading out!

A quick bite to eat at one of our favorites, The Grove



 Passing City Hall on our way to Herbst Theatre


Gorgeous music hall


  My always handsome date.


Happy Monday friends, hoping your week is filled with sweet music and those that you love.

XOXO- Miss V.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun date night! LOVE your pink jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could pull off those sassy, adorable pants! LoVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you guys had an enjoyable night. I doubt I'll ever be able to get the honey to go with me to any event such as that.

    I love LOVE love that top & those jeans...WICKED! They look so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Date night in the city!! SF Chamber Orchestra- what a find!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeahhhh, definitely thought you were talking about The Bachelor when I first read your title. Sad?

    ReplyDelete